WORKSHOP: Scale Your Application to New Heights with NGINX
kindly offered byNGNIX (part of F5) and Pylones
Date / Time: Saturday 3 December / 10:50-12:50 EET
Delivering modern applications has upped the needs to provide agile application services free from infrastructure constrains, while ensuring applications run faster, secured and at scale. Choosing the right architecture for application services allows organizations to innovate faster and role new services on any infrastructure or cloud architecture. From code development to customer consumption, NGINX deployed on AWS is helping millions of organizations deliver application infrastructure and services ensuring their application are fast, secure and run at scale.
In this workshop you will experience how to deploy your application in an agile way, using NGINX utilizing AWS compute, applying all the application services needed, such as service mesh, API management and web application firewall in a fully automated way.
For this workshop participants are going to use the “Arcadia Crypto” application. The application is built with 6 different microservices that are deployed in the Kubernetes environment.
By the end of the workshop the “Arcadia Crypto” will be fully deployed and protected as described in the bellow diagram.
What will you Learn:
- How to Deliver Consistent, High-Performance Web Services
- How to simplify your stack with NGINX products
- The benefits of NGINX Plus vs. hardware load balancers
- When to use NGINX vs. Azure & AWS solutions
- How NGINX integrates with different Azure & AWS services
Intermediate / Advanced
Persons who want to deploy an application from scratch in Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service environment while protecting and enhancing the application availability and usability with Nginx solutions
Prerequisites on Audience:
Basic Linux and Basic+ Kubernetes
Bring your own Laptop
Instructions on what to install will be send prior to the workshop
1. Deploy NGINX infrastructure using Terraform
- Start by using automation and use Infrastructure as Code concepts to deploy the environment.
2. Increase availability, security and application performance with Kubernetes Nginx Ingress
- Monitor the application performance, discover issues and improve performance
- Authenticate users with OpenID Connect and offload authentication processes from the application to Nginx
- Zero Trust – Applying Mutual TLS authentication with NGINX
3. Service Mesh
- Trace your application functions within the mesh
- Secure the interservice communication
- Secure the application with Nginx App Protect Web Application Firewall.
- Protect the application from fraudulent interactions and separate legitimate traffic from unwanted one
- Block unwanted Bot traffic to your application